Recipe for Asam Laksa Pizza
Courtesy of Tiffany Leong
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Dry Active Yeast
- 1/2 Tbsp Oil
- 1/2 Warm Water
- 2 Sachets of KampongKu Asam Laksa Paste
- 1 Can of Tuna
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (may adjust to your own liking)
- Sliced Onions
- Torch Ginger Flower (Bunga Kantan)
- Mint leaves
*Skip to Pizza Toppings if you are using a premade pizza crust.
- Combine flour, instant yeast, sugar, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add oil and 1/4 cup warm water and use a spatula to stir well.
- Gradually add the remaining warm water and stir until the dough is beginning to pull away from the sides of the bowl.
- Transfer the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead the dough into a smooth ball.
*If the dough is sticky, add additional flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough comes together.
*If the dough is too dry, add additional water, 1 tablespoon at a time. Scrape the dough onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead into a smooth ball.
- Put the dough into a greased large bowl. Then, cover the bowl with plastic wrap or cloth and put it in a warm area. Let the dough rise for 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Once the dough has risen, use your hands to gently deflate it and transfer to a greased pan.
- Use either your hands or a rolling pin to stretch it into rounds or squares.
- Add 1 sachet of KampongKu Asam Laksa Paste to the pizza dough and spread it evenly.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on it.
- Mix tuna with 1 sachet of KampongKu Asam Laksa Paste and add it to your pizza.
- Top your pizza with sliced onions.
- Bake in a 220°C preheated oven for 13-15 minutes or until toppings are golden brown. Slice and serve.
Optional: Garnish with torch ginger flower and mint leaves before serving.
Youtube Link: https://youtube.com/shorts/xD5j54nQ4DE?feature=share