Recipe for Otak-Otak (Steamed Fish Custard)
Courtesy of Grace
- 50g KampongKu Curry Fish Paste
- 2 Eggs
- 5 Kaffir Lime Leaves (Limau Purut)
- 150g Red Snapper Fish Fillets
- 50g Coconut Milk
- 50 Betel Leaves (Daun Kaduk)
- Thinly cut 3 betel leaves and 5 kaffir lime leaves.
- In a large bowl, add KampongKu Curry Fish Paste, eggs, the thinly cut betel and kaffir lime leaves. Add in a pinch of salt and 2 tbsp sugar to taste. Stir until combined.
- Pour coconut milk into the mixture. Then, add in fish and mix thoroughly. Set aside to marinate.
- Place 4-5 betel leaves, shiny side down, in the whole bottom of the bowl and pour in the Otak-Otak mixture.
- Steam for 10 minutes or until filling is firm. Serve warm and enjoy!